Translate

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Stuff America is Made Of







It's been 2 weeks since I have blogged. I have been desperately working on the Romancing the Home Entertaining book that's being published this fall. But it's the last day of the month, so I thought I would take a few moments for my blog. The Fourth of July in Lake Bluff is truly the stuff America is made of- parades, block parties, and cook-outs.Our friends, Jill and Barry are coming over Friday night to attend the big block party with us, so I thought we would start with appetizers on the porch. So I'm sharing with you my front porch all decked out for the big weekend. Vintage Americana pillows invite one to "sit a spell" on the porch and drink a little lemonade. The clematis are amazing this year- bright blue and huge,so I had to use them on the red silk napkins. And of course I can't have a table without a little bling, so I add the rhinestone boxes. Vintage American flags are draped on the railing to show our patriotic spirit! Staffordshire blue and white china show historical scenes from American battles for freedom. The weather is glorius, 70 degrees, sunny and a light breeze. It's so great to be living in small town America, and being able to celebrate and have our freedom! Happy Fourth of July everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
The table setting looks great!! Only you would have red silk napkins, they are gorgeous. What's the menu? Sorry I can't be there for the 4th, but I'll be there soon.
Happy 4th and Happy Birthday!
Lynda Sue