Translate

Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections of 2010


I really cannot believe the year is ending. It seemed so quick- yet it was a tough year- but not without it's rewards. Economically, it was the toughest of my professional life, but I learned to just push through it and go on with daily routines. Some of our greatest accomplishments were this past year, including the publishing of Romancing the Home Entertains, a collection of cherished recipes and entertaining moments, the first annual Lake Bluff Christmas Tour, and the wedding of Katha's daughter, Jessica, to Jason. My niece, Morgan, married her sweetheart, Jason. ( Two Jasons married in one year! ). My husband turned 60 and all the children flew in for a birthday surprise. We flew to Virginia for a surprise birthday party for my husband's sisters 70th birthday! Lynda and Jill's dads,Penny's mom and my husband's dear friend of 35 years passed away. But my children all flourished in their careers and each found their own way. Grandchildren continued to grow and everyone came home for Christmas. Friends stayed loyal and healthy - a special gift on its own. Customers were loyal and generous to our business- I am lucky. As I ponder 2011, I think about how to improve and deliver more excitement to our store -always give the customer something to smile about, develop a friendship and just add value to their lives.
May 2011 bring you and your loved ones a glorious life - Happy New Year everyone! And make this New Year's Resolution - Always enjoy your meals by candlelight!

2 comments:

carolbrademas said...

Hi Susan,

I'm fairly new to your blog, and am truly enjoying it. I have a shop in Indiana very similar. Can you tell me where your book is available --- either wholesale or retail? Thanks so much, and Happy New Year.

Carol

carolbrademas said...

Hi Susan,
I am fairly new to your blog, but am truly enjoying it. I have a similar shop in Indiana. Can you tell me where your book is available --- either wholesale or retail? It looks great. Thank you.

Carol