Translate

Monday, August 15, 2011

Christmas Begins in August

















Yes, I know it's early-but I have to start making the unique items that makes Christmas at Romancing the Home so special. So yesterday, I composed some "champagne cocktails" of vintage ornaments and these sparkly rhinestone balls. Torn apart metal scouring pads are the filler in the cups. I think these will be great tied in a Christmas tree or garland in someones dining room. We will also be adding rhinestones to vintage flatware to compliment these silver goblet ornaments. Next, purchased Santas were enhanced with crowns, rhinestone buckles, and magic wands! They will be cute riding our silver reindeer. I have been gathering sets of silver goblets, gold rimmed plates, and gold serving platters to add to this festive theme for the holidays. I love these gold platters and silver goblets that were found this weekend at our local flea market. The "champagne cocktails" look wonderful on them. The decadent old candelabra is part of a collection of vintage candlesticks that we are collecting for the holiday season. I am saving all these things for our Christmas Open House in November. Stay tuned for more on that subject!!

1 comment:

Lana Austin said...

Oh, I've already been thinking about Christmas, too!!! It's been so hot and humid here in Southern Italy! And we'll be heading back home to Alabama in September when it will still be blistering! So, I've been fantasizing about fall/winter!!!
Every single blog post of yours is full of divine details--such gorgeous splendor! I can NOT WAIT to see more Christmas details!
Hugs/blessings,
Lana In Italy