Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve Tradition













Momma always told us that we had to have our Christmas tree down by New Year's Day, so that we would have good luck during the coming year. So yesterday I began to take the ornaments off of our tree in the living room. As I am removing each of these beautiful ornaments, I am remembering my mom and all of the wonderful traditions that she instilled in me. Now they are part of my children and grandchildren's traditions. As each of the ornaments is removed, I take one more good look at them and gently pack them away for next year. I wonder what the new year will bring. I am looking forward to wonderful times in 2012. Happy New Year everyone from our family to yours.





























2 comments:

Jackers said...

Have a wonderful New Year to you too Aunt Susan! Lots of Love! Jackie, Mike, Sophie and Charlie

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

I get super nostalgic when I take down my tree too! Love that plaster looking cherub!
Talk soon!
Fondly, Ang
Parisienne Farmgirl's Big Announcement and Giveaway