Translate

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gum Paste Flowers from Etsy Shops











While I was planning our display for the Spirit of 67 Home Tour, I starting searching for pretty gum paste flowers in local stores and was not able to find any.  However, a search on Etsy rewarded me with many choices. Earlier this month I shared with you some of the creations that we purchased from  from Lena Bender's Etsy shop.  We are going to use them to create a Patisserie of cakes and cookies for our Marie Antoinette Soiree on Thursday. This morning I began to create some of the "cookies" for the display using lady fingers, petal pink cupcake icing from Betty Crocker and green  Pearl Nonpareils.They remind me of the ruffled lace on Marie Antoinette's skirts! Pretty little iced chocolate cookies from World Market were embellished with a single green hydrangea blossom.  The larger blossoms will be used on cakes- notice the gorgeous peony from Etsy shop Eman20 and the fabulous purple iris from SandysCakeBling on Etsy. These artists are so easy to work with and were very quick to ship my purchases.  The ornate gold tray was found at an estate sale and will be perfect for showcasing some of the sweets.  I can't wait to get all of the elements together - I am especially looking forward to decorating all the cakes and cupcakes with these special gum paste flowers.  Check out the beautiful creations on Etsy- they are breathtaking!

3 comments:

Splenderosa said...

OMG, I would LOVE to be doing this.
Cannot wait to see the finale. Now, I'm going to find out where I can take a cake decorating class. xx's

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Wonderfully displayed cookies, you did a great job on them, so yummy and beautiful looking. Loved all your photos, very pretty!

Blessings, Nellie

Amusing Provincial said...

these are gorgeous! well done!! so wish i lived close enough to come to the soiree....