Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Drying Hydrangeas






 
 
With the high winds from Sandy coming last night, I decided to come home from work and cut some of my hydrangeas before they were blown away by the wind.    These endless summer hydrangeas are white all summer long and then when October arrives, they turn these burgundy and green colors.  They dry easily.  I just cut them and bring them in to the laundry room sink, where I can shake the bugs off. After making sure they are bug free, I simply place them in a container.  This time I used a French wall  basket and just tucked them in to fill the opening.  I hung them on the old shuttered mirror  doors in my hall to the dining room.  They dry beautifully and can now be enjoyed until next spring.

3 comments:

Sopa Azul said...

Oh, your kitchen is absolutely wonderful!!! I also love the hydrangeas. They are so elegant...

Anonymous said...

So pretty!
Christy

Mr Paul said...

Lovely, we did the very same thing last weekend although we didn't have such a lovely french wall basket but I have just added it my Christmas list since reading this :)