Translate

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Our "Parisian Hideaway" Takes Shape




Wow- it's been 10 days since I last posted!  Since closing the store three weeks ago, I have felt like a kid in a candy store- never quite sure what to tackle next!  I have so many  projects planned and can't wait to start them.  I just returned from the Atlanta Gift Show- a smaller show where I was able to purchase Christmas for our November event!  I also purchased some great last minute items for our upcoming show- "Parisian Hideaways". The new space is beginning to take shape. Today, the girls and I almost finished painting a huge cabinet - one more coat and then another day to wax and gild and it should be gorgeous.  But I thought I would share a few glimpses into our new "Parisian Hideaway" with you today. 
 
While I was in Atlanta last week, Laurell surprised me and painted the foyer with a dark grey and gold metallic stripe and it looks awesome.


 
 
I love this combination of colors.  We are making  fuchsia taffeta drapes for  the foyer to pop the colors!
 
 
 
All of  the new merchandise is labeled and priced with a pretty tag.
 
 
 
A fabulous new console and mirror that Laurell just touched up! 
 So pretty in an entry or as a sink in a powder room!


 Detail of the top of the mirror----




 
Pretty vintage chandelier with crystal lattice detail on sides.

 
Fabulous set of books with white marble bookends.

 
Love these over sized art books with the cool graphics.
 
 Iron and marble clock with beautiful face.
 
 
Pair of candlelabra

One of my favorite finds- iron putti with bow holding a candlestick and standing by a mirror.
We have a pair of these - perfect for a mantle or even on a dining table.  I can visualize the reflection of votives in the mirrors on a dining table, while the candlestick is fitted with a glass tulip insert to hold flowers and weeping amaranthus.

My favorite shade of pink- set of 10 vintage glasses


 
Fun little whimsical treats await you-


Mother of Pearl dinner knives


 Over sized Old Paris Porcelain tureens-
 
Pair of gilded wall sconces. Love them on the grey walls

Laurell, Katha and Julie using Annie Sloan chalk paint on the huge cabinet in the French dining room.

 
Laurell painted the walls to look like old aged cement.



 
Starting to unpack and price the new accessories and jewelry too!!




 
 
While we still have a ton of painting and decorating to do, our new space is starting to develop a personality.  Our first shopping event is going to be May 10th and 11th and will feature a Paris apartment, a Parisian courtyard and a countryside bistro!  We are so excited that  Joy from Savvy City Farmer will be joining us and bringing her unique style and treasures.
 
 
Save the dates- May 10th and May 11th. 


8 comments:

Katha said...

It was great to be together again! The cabinet is going to be so gorgeous. Also, the wonderful booty from Atlanta is absolutely divine. Our customers are going to be ecstatic when they see the "Parisian Apartment"!

Christy said...

Smashing! Love the cement walls that Laurell painted! I can't wait to see everything in person.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

And just where is this beautiful piece of Paris? What wonderful items you have found.

Ggomez said...

Wow I am so bummed to live so far away! You do an amazing job! I love everything you all do!

Laurell Banner said...

This hideaway is so cozy and sweet. I could move in.
So many new and unusual items. Can't wait for thw show.

savvycityfarmer said...

thoughts swirling!

ideas abounding!

I'm excited!

and as always ...

honored!

Anonymous said...

i am drooling over your gold striped walls. i am thinking of doing the same for a while but couldn't find the perfect gold color i liked. i looooove yours. May I ask which paint line have you used for the stripes?

Whimsy said...

I REALLY would like to purchase your white and gold porcelain tureens - do you ship?? Please let me know:) Thanks, Traci