Translate

Monday, November 11, 2013

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Croissants and Pumpkin Macarons

I love to peruse the aisles at Trader Joe's.  You never know what you will discover and I love the hunt! A couple of weeks ago, I purchased Pumpkin Croissants and a couple of packages of their frozen macaroons to take home to try!  I love the chocolate ones, but was excited to try a new flavor!


After about 7 hours on the countertop, that go from a totally flat rectangle of dough to a large puffy little package of  delightful goodness!


I took them out of the freezer the night before baking them, place them on parchment paper on a baking sheet  and left them on the counter for about 8 hours.




Bake according to the package directions and they puff up into golden brown pastries. 
 


Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy while hot!



Very flakey crispy crust just melts in your mouth! The pumpkin seeds add a bit of crunch!
 



Each croissant is filled with a pumpkin pie filling that is so good!  What a treat!
 I went back to get 12 boxes for the holidays! 
Such an easy hassle free treat to prepare  for my family and guests!
 
 
This weekend at our Romancing the Home Holiday House, we tried the Trader Joe's Macarons.
 At $4.99 a box for 12 cookies, that is quite a bargain.  I have never paid less than $2.00 for a single macaroon.  I took them home and stored them in the freezer.
 
 
There is an assortment of 6 flavors inside the box.

 
I also bought a box of Pumpkin Macarons - again 12 in the box for $4.99.

 
The pumpkin macaron really tasted like pumpkin- light exterior, not at all crumbly. Very good!
The overall size is perfect- 3 to 4 bites per cookie!
Serving these with a caramel mousse for Thanksgiving would be a wonderful dessert!






 
Open box of the multi flavored macarons- such a pretty color combination!
My favorites were the coconut and fig ones! 


                The fig and lemon macarons.  The fig one tasted like a Fig Newton, but much prettier!





 
They are such a pretty cookie!  A perfect little bite of sweetness!




 
 
I am definitely heading back to Trader Joe's for more of these.  Great value for the money!

5 comments:

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

I love the Trader Joes pumpkin macarons, but didn't know about the pumpkin croissants! Yum! We love their chocolate and almond croissants. :)

A Toile Tale said...

I went on a pumpkin buying spree at TJ's about 3 wks ago, just after their flyer came out. I bought both of these, along with pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin bread, pumpkin scones, and several heirloom pumpkins, but the best were these croissants! Yum! And then I served those little pumpkin macaroons with a dish of cider ice to a luncheon for some girls. They were quite a hit!
Linda @ A Toile Tale

Christy said...

You always find the best of the best at Trader Joe's and I'm so glad you share your "finds". I will buy both this weekend. I love anything pumpkin. I am going to serve the croissants this weekend!

Katha said...

So pretty how you staged them, Susan! Yes, they are delicious and a great buy! Enjoyed them at the RTH holiday sale. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Will look for these on my next TJ visit. Thanks for the heads up. Your images are gorgeous. Love the idea of the Thanksgiving dessert.